Differences between transactional and promotional SMS?SMS Guru
As per the TRAI regulations, BULK SMS messages are classified into promotional and transactional messages. Below are the key point differences between both routes.
- Transactional SMS is used to send any kind of information which is important to customer or customer has opted to receive such information.
- Example of transactional messages are OTP, Airline PNR/Tickets, School Alerts, Financial Transaction Alerts, delivery updates, order confirmations, payment confirmations, renewal reminders, appointment alerts etc.
- There is no filter on transactional SMS. Even DND listed numbers will receive such messages.
- There is no time restriction on transactional SMS. It can be sent any time.
- You get a six character sender ID of your choice which gets displayed as sender in the receivers mobile.
- Promotional SMS is used to send any kind of promotional information. Any message which is not transactional can be sent via this route.
- Examples of promotional messages are coupon/discount offers, marketing messages etc.
- Promotional SMS are not delivered to DND numbers.
- There is a time restriction on sending promotional SMS as mandated by TRAI regulations i.e. Promotional Bulk SMS can be sent only between 9AM to 9PM.
- The sender ID is randomly generated by operator.
SMS4g.com transactional and Promotional SMS comes with an additional 30 Days Money Back Guarantee. We know our routes are one of the fastest for delivering bulk SMS and hence we offer you no questions asked money back guarantee on unutilised SMS credits. You can view our BULK SMS prices here.